Thursday 26 October 2017

Altered Embroidery hoops with Decoupage Papers

Namaste Friends!!

This is Kriti, I am here today with a very different project using Papericious newly launched Decoupage Papers. These papers are so beautiful, it has the most gorgeous colours and patterns. Anyone will fall in love with these.

Now, as you all know I am not a decoupage person, so I made a little different thing, tried something new with these beautiful papers.

I followed one mantra " Never be afraid to try something new, because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know". If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.

So, I altered some embroidery hoops with these papers and I love how they turned out.

Have a look!





Some close- up pics








To make these I picked three embroidery hoops of different sizes. Then coated them with Papericious white gesso, after that applied Papericious Bracket Green Chalk paint with some Papericious white crackle paste( I am in love with this product).

Now selected my favourite papers from the collection. Trace them out of the size of the hoop and cut them according to it( I had also cut three circles of a cardstock too to paste these decoupage papers over it, so that they become sturdy to hold the embellishments).

Used Papericious Soft Gloss gel to paste the papers with hoop.

Now decorate each of the hoop and get creative with it. I kept it simple with less embellishments because papers were beautiful. These don't let me to add more embellishments.

It was so much fun to make these and I am loving the final result.

Hugs
Kriti Mishra

List of supplies

Papericious Soft Gloss Gel

Papericious White Crackle Paste

Papericious Chalk Paint- Bracket Green

Papericious Heavy Gesso- White

Papericious Decoupage Papers- Butterflies Garden

Papericious Decoupage Papers- Pretty Peonies

Decoupage glue





No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi- finalist at Heartfelt Creations Design Team 2022(Please vote for me)

  Namaste Friends!! I am ve ry excited to a nnounce that I made it to the semi- finals of prestigious Heartfelt Creations Design Team 2022. ...